Re: TR8 prices

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR8 prices
From: "M. Rowland" <mwrowland@home.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 00:40:16 -0400
I just recently purchased a 1980 TR8 convertible, 50,000 miles no rust
original paint (dull needs to be redone) which had been sitting in a
barn for three years. It runs well at 1500 rpm but will not idle. Needs
seat covers, carpets, hoses, belts, shocks and exhaust. I probably
overpaid for it at $4000 but everything else I saw in New Jersey was in
much worse shape or two to three times the price.

I am about to embark on trying to fix the idle problem. I thought the
most likely cause is carb problems due to the amount of time the car was
not driven. My plan is to give the car new plugs, wires, cap, and button
along with an electronic ignition and new manifold with Holley 4 bl.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Michael Rowland