Clutch Master Cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: "C. Donald Emery, III" <tr6@mail.icongrp.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:41:09 -0500

   My TR-6 has started leaking a black fluid onto my left foot.  It is
coming from the rubber boot that attaches to the push rod of the clutch
master cylinder.  Following the instructions in the Haynes and BL manuals,
I have removed the master cylinder, removed the circlip retaining the push
rod and washer and now I am stuck.  The next instruction is to "withdraw
the piston, spring, and seal assembly".  Problem is that I can't figure out
how to remove them.  It feels as though there is something else (another
circlip) holding it (them) in but I can't see anything.  A new master
cylinder is a lot more then the rebuild kit so I would really prefer to
rebuild it myself.  Once again, thanks in advance for any advice.
                                           Don Emery
                                           Crown Point, IN
                                           CC 27639
                                           1969 TR-6