Re: My 77 Spitfire questions

To: Victor Michael <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: My 77 Spitfire questions
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:50:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Victor Michael wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>   I have to say, "Wow!"  I am very impressed with the responses I've
> already received (in just a few hours). Let me also say, "Thanks!"
>
>   Here's an embarrassing little story about my initial perception of the
> list:  I posted my two messages about a week ago and very anxiously
> awaited responses. A week had gone by and no one answered at all! Not
> even a, "Those are stupid questions, go away neophyte!"  Needless to
> say, my feelings were a bit hurt. (c;  Well, I began to wonder why and
> did some further investigation. I discovered, just this morning, that my
> email client was not configured with the same email address as the one I
> subscribed to the list with. I modified this entry and lo-and-behold,
> there are all the great responses I had anticipated!
>
>   A couple of things about this story: a) Think better of people! b) You
> can learn about more than just Triumphs on this mail list. c) I now feel
> like there's a great group of people out there that share my interest.
> So for my initial thoughts about the list, I apologize.
>
>   Thanks to all who have responded.  Here's to the future of my yet
> unnamed '77 Spit.
>
> Here's what I've come up with so far, relative to my previous posts:
>
> - Just talked to the garage that was looking at the Honda radiator. More
> than "a few hundred dollars to re-core the radiator" - BLAH, forget
> that!
>
> - I'm hopeful for finding a Spit radiator, used. If that proves
> fruitless, then I'll not be so cheap and order a new one.
>
> - I've registered the Spit in register database. (Thanks Joe!)
>
> - I'll be joining ISOA soon. (Thanks Eddy!)
>
> - My brakes: The adjuster was backed off all the way. I am actually
> suspicious about the play in the wheel cylinder and the slot.  It
> actually threw me a little when I could slide the wheel cylinders within
> the slot from front to back about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The driver's side
> (the one that's tight) didn't seem to have as much play in it as the
> other. Perhaps this is keeping the shoes from centering within the drum?
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks All!!!
>
> Victor

Victor, it is a very kind and positive response you posted, yes this is a
very great bunch of talented people that are interested in you, your T/R,
and keeping all the LBC on the road, Just two pieces of advice in trying
to restore your T/R, the first is very important = JOIN YOUR LOCAL CLUB =
the second is just as important as the first "Join your local car club,
they are not just a lot of help, but a very good source of used parts to
swap back and forth, last but not the least, for 20.00 a year VTR is well
worth the dollars. Andy also likes new members.