Missed Opportunities

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Missed Opportunities
From: cavsct@concentric.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 17:40:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I feel sick and I want to share my pain with the group.  My wife, who is
visiting family in Indiana, called and left a message on my answering
machine.  She said that she had found a 1967 TR4A for sale in the newspaper,
but that the listed price didn't seem to match the picture or the
description.  She said that the picture looked great and the description
said " runs good, no rust", etc.  The asking price was printed as $495.  Of
course I called her back soonest and she told me that she already called the
seller to ask them the real price since this must have been a typo.  The
seller said that the car was her son's, that he had died recentely, and that
she wanted to get rid of the car because it reminded her too much of him.
She mentioned that she had no idea of the value but that $495 was the
correct price.  And OBTW, she sold it one hour before my wife called.

     So close, but yet so far.

                    Rob Schuck
                    '80 Spitfire
                    ' 74 1/2 MGB