Re: TR6 LEYLAND BADGES & FLAG DECAL LOCATIONS

To: teddera@MNSi.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 LEYLAND BADGES & FLAG DECAL LOCATIONS
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:30:25 EDT
Adrian and List-

I found the issue of 6-Pack in which the placement of badges and flags is
discussed. It is Volume X, Issue 3, printed in October, 1992.

Courtney Hanson of Pebble Beach, CA supplied the dimensions from a "factory
original" car that was purchased new in October, 1972. I originally thought
the information was taken from a factory Technical Service Bulletin, but
having found the article I learned differently.

It states that the outline "TR6" was centered vertically on the taillight with
the top of the "T" (on the right side of the car) and the top of the "6" (on
the left side of the car) 1-1/2" forward of the chrome trim.

The BL badges were placed with the rear edge of each badge 2" forward from the
rear edge of the front wings, and the bottom of each badge 5-5/8" from the top
of the chrome strips.

It further notes that it is important to remember that the decals and badges
were applied by hand and, as such, slight variations in the placement of these
items, even on factory original cars, can be expected.

Finally, the article notes that the badging and decals were not applied until
after they left the factory. I expect they are implying they were applied to
the cars by the dealer. Has anyone else read this? I suppose a Technical
Service Bulletin should exist telling the dealers where to place the items.
Anyone know any further details?

Hope this helps.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY