Eastwood's Spot & Stitch Welder's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Eastwood's Spot & Stitch Welder's
From: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:55:01 -0400
Has anybody ever used either of these welder's?  I've decided to try to do
the rockers and floors on my TR6 myself.  After getting the parts in and
clamping them all together, it looks like spot welding is the way to go in
most places.  It looks like the only places that need a continous weld is
where the front and rear of the floors meet the body.  Can the spot welder
produce as good a weld as one of those Stethescope looking spot welders?
Will the stitch welder really work on sheet metal this thin?  By the way,
what guage is the sheet metal on TR6's, 18, 20?  What is the best method of
welding sheet metal (other than spot) with minimum distortion,
oxy-acetylene, MIG.  Please don't say TIG, that is way too expensive!  Arc
is definitely not the way, at least I can't do it.

Bobby Whitaker
'72 TR6 CC78127