Re: Eastwood's Spot & Stitch Welder's

To: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Eastwood's Spot & Stitch Welder's
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:13:51 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bobby,

I have NOT used the Eastwood products that you ask about. However, I do
believe that the spot welder in the catalog is the OEM version of the
Miller MSW-41 Style no HD-6  Portable Spot Welding Machine, which I do
own.
This unit is a 115 volts and has an output in amps:
5500  6" tongs
4550  12" tongs
3600  18" tongs

You MUST have perfectly clean metal and access to both sides. I used
this to spot weld the replacement sills on my Ford. Which you can see at
the URL below.

The Century 75 amp MIG welder with the Optional Gas Conversion kit has
been fine for my welding needs as well.  I have been doing Butt welds,
plug welds, and closing seams with this welder.

And I believe you also asked if these would do the tasks that need to
do- yes they will, regardless of wether they come from Eastwood, Home
Depot, Northern, Grainger or others.

Cheers,
--
Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible 205E/A 204E 205730