Calling all D-type OD mavens....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Calling all D-type OD mavens....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:40:24 -0700
After some weeks of overwork on the day job, I've found enough time to
disassemble the overdrive I bought in April. I have looked at the clutch
lining and am wondering about its long-term viability, but have no
standard for comparison. While the overall lining thickness seems okay,
the material standing proud of the rivets is about 0.030-0.040", and
there is an area around one of the rivets which appears to have a
hairline crack. I need to know if this is a typical average lining which
will continue to run for some time, or is it on the way out.

Ordinarily, I'd have this replaced, without thinking too much about it,
but a rebuilt annulus is about $160 from VB (don't know Moss or TRF
prices for the item), and that would be a steep price to pay if the
rebuilt unit comes in with similar dimensions and appearance.

Cheers, and thanks.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....