Re: Help - Clutch pedal/master/slavecylinder

To: "MR DANIEL R CAREY" <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Help - Clutch pedal/master/slavecylinder
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:38:25 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Probably both are shot.  Be on the safe side, rebuild both.  If you do the
master and the slave is questionable, you might run it for a short while
before the slave blows out.  If the slave gets a rebuild and the master is
weak, it will appear that the slave is still bad.  and with all things
rubber, non use is harder than extreme use, dry rot.  Also check your flex
lines to each brake, these may also be in need of replacement.  It doesn't
do any good to get it running, if you can't stop.  Also ck your brake
master, do it all at one time and not worry about it for many years (tongue
in cheek). Ah the smell of shipwright's disease.
Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston, Texas