Yabba Dabba Doo!!

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Yabba Dabba Doo!!
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Sumner Weisman wrote:

> Some day I have to get some welding equipment.  Until then, I may have to
> pop rivet in a sheet metal floor panel on the driver's side.  I hope none
> of the purists reading this will hate me too much for such blasphemy.

You will probably hate yourself more than anyone here... pop rivets (esp.
the alum. ones) tend to wear out real fast, and your nice solid floor will
soon become a icky floppy one.

I pop-riveted the floor in my Chevette.  In some places I used sheet-metal
screws.  The screws have held, the rivets haven't.

I would suggest using said screws to fasten a patch on your floor.  Seal
the edges with tar or something similar that can be removed (putty) when
the time comes to weld the floor.

You may also be able to braze in some metal using a propane-oxygen
"welder".  If you can't find one of these for free, do NOT go out and buy
one.  They aren't very useful, and you'll be stuck with disposing all the
empty cylinders.

good luck (and buy a welder soon),
-Malcolm