Re: Re. PI Improvements

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re. PI Improvements
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:54:44 GMT
On 15 Jun 1998, David Hill wrote:

> By the way, Egil, I've figured out the wisdom of seting up the PI by
> vacuum-the secret's in the springs, is it not?

Yes.

> According to my calculations,
> the car is now doing 24 mpg.

It seems a tad much - all depending on how much city driving you do, of
course. For steady speed motoring you should probably be able to reach 28
MPG. I assume we are talking British MPG.

> This is partly due to my putting the full
> profile tyres on the back and using the 70 series on the front.

Do you have an OD? That helps consumption significantly.

> According to
> the plugs, the car is still running a bit rich.

It would seem so. One simple hint as to how rich it is running can be
found by the amount of choke required after a cold start. If you can press
it fully home well before the engine has reached its normal operating
temperature, you probably still have room for some leaning out. Don't lean
out the wide-open-throttle setting too much, BTW.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway