TR6 PI been sitting for 1 1/2 year....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 PI been sitting for 1 1/2 year....
From: "Michael Noerregaard" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:43:07 PDT
Hello fellow Scions,

After being off the list for at least a year now, I am back with
questions for y'all. Last time I was on the list, I lived in Texas (that
explains the y'all part) and  used to send out messages like
"mayday...my GT6+ is going down", but those days are over now, since I
sold both my GT6's in Texas, and brought back to Denmark a '74 TR6.
Unfortunately the tax-athorities here want close to seventhousand USD to
register it. Well, the solution came to me the other day, when I
stumbled across a very rusty version of a '73 TR6 PI. This car (where
the body is no good, but the frame is rustfree (galvanized a few years
back) and taxes paid, will form the base for bringing my '74 car back on
the road. Except for a few haggles over the price (which hopefully will
be concluded this week - and for a lot less than the seventhousand), I
think it is going to happen.

This car has been sitting for 1 1/2 years, and prior to that only been
driven very little for at least 7 years. Supposedly the car was running
fine when parked. Any good advise before trying to crank the engine? I
am a novice in terms of fuel-injections....  My plan was to squirt some
oil into each cylinder, let it soak, turn the engine by hand (if
possible) for a few turns, clean out the gas-tank and fuel pump, flush
out old gas-lines, put in new gas, and then try and crank the engine.
Don't worry about the brakes, tires, etc. - I wont be driving it
anywhere, just wanted to test out the engine before taking on the
project of breathing life into my '74 TR6.

Thanks a bunch,

Michael
'74 TR6 (US version) - sitting in a barn
'73 TR6 PI - hopefully will be mine by end of the week