Re: TR6 PI been sitting for 1 1/2 year....

To: m_noerregaard@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: TR6 PI been sitting for 1 1/2 year....
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:59:28 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Michael,  If you need someone to excercise your 74 TR6 while
you're gone I'd be more than happy to handle that job!!

Good luck with your upcoming purchase.

> After being off the list for at least a year now, I am back with
> questions for y'all. Last time I was on the list, I lived in Texas
> (that explains the y'all part) and  used to send out messages like
> "mayday...my GT6+ is going down", but those days are over now, since
> I sold both my GT6's in Texas, and brought back to Denmark a '74
> TR6. Unfortunately the tax-athorities here want close to
> seventhousand USD to register it. Well, the solution came to me the
> other day, when I stumbled across a very rusty version of a '73 TR6
> PI. This car (where the body is no good, but the frame is rustfree
> (galvanized a few years back) and taxes paid, will form the base for
> bringing my '74 car back on the road. Except for a few haggles over
> the price (which hopefully will be concluded this week - and for a
> lot less than the seventhousand), I think it is going to happen.
>
> This car has been sitting for 1 1/2 years, and prior to that only
> been driven very little for at least 7 years. Supposedly the car was
> running fine when parked. Any good advise before trying to crank the
> engine? I am a novice in terms of fuel-injections....  My plan was
> to squirt some oil into each cylinder, let it soak, turn the engine
> by hand (if possible) for a few turns, clean out the gas-tank and
> fuel pump, flush out old gas-lines, put in new gas, and then try and
> crank the engine. Don't worry about the brakes, tires, etc. - I wont
> be driving it anywhere, just wanted to test out the engine before
> taking on the project of breathing life into my '74 TR6.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Michael
> '74 TR6 (US version) - sitting in a barn
> '73 TR6 PI - hopefully will be mine by end of the week

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)