More Slave Cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Slave Cylinder
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:02:37 -0500
In my quest to resolve problem in my earlier post concerning my release
bearing not fully disengaging from the fingers on the clutch housing, I
discovered a photo in the old Clymer's TR6 manual that shows an external
spring mounted on the slave pushrod clevis and attached at the other end
to the slave mounting plate.  This would definitely provide more
positive return of the slave pushrod.  Upon inspection, my TR6 does not
have this spring in place.  Only the spring at the pedal bracket under
instrument panel. Was such a spring at the slave cylinder standard, and
mine is missing courtesy of a PO or for other reason?

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire