Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 15:04:10 -0700
It's even muddier than "Yes & No".  While Joe's comments are in
line with the "authoritative" sources;  Triumph (as would be expected),
introduced some mystical exceptions:

My '74 Spit FM19842UO (Aug 1974) was not fitted with a spoiler.
It did have the quarter valence grille inserts that were deleted on
the later cars fitted with spoilers.  (You can't fit both)

I know of a '73 GT6 KF20632U (who's owner will read this tomorrow)
which is like-wise "spoiler-less" (with the grille inserts).

Perhaps spoilers were not fitted to the first six cars made after
tuesday morning tea-breaks on alternating fort-nights after 1973 ;-)

--
Bob Sykes
"You can't beat your brains for entertainment."