Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 16:47:17 -0700
Cc: s1500@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

msecres@ibm.net wrote:

> Well, for the record, my GT6 (KF238220, Aug. '73) was not equipped with
> the front spoiler, but I'm about to try to fit one, despite the lack of
> corresponding bolt holes for the center section.
>
> By the way, Joe C. mentioned earlier that the spoiler is related to
> front end handling; doesn't it also direct air into the radiator to help
> with cooling?  That's the effect I was hoping to realize ...

Martin,
I don't know if you are having cooling problems at speed (I assume you are
or you would not be trying to achieve the above referenced effect).  If you
are, the spoiler may help, but your problem may be elsewhere in your
system.  Of course, the spoiler won't help at all in Stop and go situations
which is where over-heating normally occurs.

Regards,
Joe