RE: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 19:05:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by idalee.loudoun.com
Can't say much about my present TR6, it's merely a shell (and a rusty one
at that). But my previous one did not appear to drop out of overdrive
between 3rd and 4th. It didn't work when I got the car, well if it did it was
sporadic. I decided to work on the OD while I had the tranny out. I emptied
the gear oil, removed the plate and flushed out the OD filter and all the
channels. used brown paper and non-hardning permatex to make a gasket
when I replaced the plate. I didassembled the switch on the tranny and
cleaned it up then put it back together. I rewired the steering column switch
to go through the relay rather than direct (DPO) aand never had problems
after that
Andy

On 06/03/98 01:53 PM Peter Zaborski said...

My 76
>J-type definitely de-activates the solenoid during the 3-4 or 4-3 shifts. I
>cannot recall where the 3-4 switch is located on the top cover. The TRF
TR6