Re: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 07:13:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I doubt that the clutch work you did caused this.  I think that the
>grinding is caused by the fact that as you shift from 3rd to 4th the
>overdrive lock-out switch temporarially de-energizes the overdrive
>solenoid and the overdrive is shifting out and in causing the syncros
>to get confused. < snip >
Someone correct me if I'm wrong (don't have to worry about that do we :-})
and I am not positive (haven't looked at the detent on the top of the box
in years), but if I remember correctly, the detent allows for solenoid
actuation when the "gear lever" is anyplace in the 3-4 throw position.  In
other words, the solenoid STAYS energized while shifting and is only
de-energized when you move the lever into the neutral or 1-2 gate
positions.  Should I go stand in the corner now?

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire