Re: TR6 Zenith mixture "adjusters"

To: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Zenith mixture "adjusters"
From: Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 07:05:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have done this with minimal damage to the air valve, but I did notice
that the bore was already scored a little by the original clip. I assume
this was done at the factory.

Removing the clip is fairly easy, as it has prongs angled downwards so
it simply pushes out. Putting it back in is the problem. I found a piece
of plastic tubing which was just smaller that the bore of the air valve
and put the clip in the end, pushed the tube down and the pushed the
clip out of the tubing with a rod inside the plastic tube. Does that
make any sense??? I didn't notice any new damage to the bore of the air
valve.

I assume you are doing this to reduce dash pot oil leakage, that is why
I did mine, but this didn't fix the problem totally, still some oil
leaks, but it is a lot better than before.

Hope this helps

Steve

--
Steve Chandler - Chandler-O'Bagy Associates stevec@rtd.com