Gaydon, WOW!

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gaydon, WOW!
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:16:51 +0100
Listers,listers,listers

Coming from Ireland as I do where we get very excited at
the prospect of over twenty triumphs gathered at one time.
Attending the show at Gaydon was Triumph Heaven for me
and my brother. I have just been reviewing the half hour video
I shot and it is fantastic, my stab at the amount of cars in
the grounds (excluding the campers) would be between 3 and 4
thousand and every one a Triumph.
We flew over at 7am were on site in our rented car at 10 and left
at 6.30 pm. Rare cars such as the Lynx, 3 Couriers, 3VC and 4VC,
TS2 (an Irish car I might add), A standard Atlas, Every triumph that
has featured in Triumph World (Chris Wittors 2000 Mk1 did it for me).
In fairness to jonmac's crew they did a great job.
2 Howevers however
I thought there could have been a better attendance by dealers at the
autojumble eg. certainly as far as I could see John Kipping didn't have
a stand.
Secondly with well over 10000 members in the TSSC aloneone would
have thought that there infact should have been a bigger attendance.
All this aside roll on 2023!!

Cheers
Peter Gillis
'69 2000 Mk1