Re: Will The Real TR250 Grill Please Stand Up . . .

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Will The Real TR250 Grill Please Stand Up . . .
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 08:24:02 -0700
Cc: tom_winslow@email.msn.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
This may be of interest...  My
in-storage-for-a-future-restoration-TR-4A-IRS has the commission number
CTC75563L  ... obviously near the very end run of the TR 4A's...

I am pretty sure the grill was the original one to the car...   It had the
TR 250 black/chrome color arrangement... but still had the hole.
Interesting, huh?

To answer your questin about grills... the TR 4 had the whimpy stamped
feel... the TR 4A's  and later had the more substantial feel... you'll find
that the rings going around the headlamps, are welded in place... from
behind...  quite an artful piece.   TR 250 should not have the hole... as
mentioned...  but I wouldn't be surprised if early cars still had the
hole...  I base this only on the fact that my TR 4A IRS seems to have had
an interim grill... and perhaps some of these carried over... who knows!

--Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
TR 4A & TR 4A IRS
Los Angeles