Oil Pressure Drop in 6: Some Responses

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pressure Drop in 6: Some Responses
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 00:37:53 EDT

Hi all.  Well, I have three responses saying, essentially, 'hey, me too!' with
one noting that this has always been true and that his 6 runs fine at that
temp/pressure.

I guess the upshot is (unless someone else chimes in!) that a) I'm going to make
the drive X-country and b) this appears to be a common behavior of 6's.  Mine
never used to do this; it used to maintain 80PSI hwy and 50PSI idle come hell
or high water.  However, *that* may be the anomalous (sp?) behavior...so I
guess the answer is (thank goodness) Drive your 6!

If further wisdom is forthcoming, rest assured that it all will find its way
onto the TR6 page.  (http://www.mit.edu/people/zimerman/tr6.html)
Thanks, all.  If I try something drastic it'll be after the summer...
Cheers!
-JB ('69 black/jewish american, some body rot, 1 dental bondo, runs strong)
-Amanda ('70 English TR6 CC58880L; runs better!)

Jacob ben-David Zimmerman can be found at:          zimerman@mit.edu
http://uss-repulse.starfleet.com/home.html          MIT/DACS
Faster, faster, faster, until the Thrill of Speed Overcomes the
Fear of Death.    -Trent The Uncatchable/SEO