Advise on TR4A Windshield Wiper Stopping Position

Subject: Advise on TR4A Windshield Wiper Stopping Position
From: "Tom Winslow" <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 21:11:54 -0400
Today a group of us went on a little excursion. Upon returning, we had to
leave the group to pick up my grandson. Since we were running behind
schedule, we took I-85 and laid the tach over to about 4500 rpm for about 25
miles.  This is how I discovered my little problem.

First, when I turn off my wipers, they bottom out normally and then return
to a position about 25% into the full wiper cycle. This is a little annoying
having to look through the wipers but I have been living with it since we
purchased the car (with the intentions of fixing it later).

Second, what I discovered while traveling at high speed was this. The wind
slowly forces the wipers further and further up the windshield. Eventually a
limit switch of some sort must be engaged because the wipers start, complete
the cycle, and stop again in the 25% position. Then they slowly creep up the
windshield again until the cycle repeats.

It appears that (1) I need to figure out how to adjust/control the travel of
the wiper blades so that they will stop at the proper location and (2)
determine why the blades are moved by the wind  while driving at high speed.

If anyone can provide a suggestion, I would be very appreciative.

TW

--
Thomas P. Winslow
1966 TR4A IRS - CTC57665L <> 1968 TR250 - CD4783L <> 1968 TR250 - CD5272L