GT6 master cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 master cylinder
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 06:55:35 -0400
I have recently repaired two GT6 master cylinders.  One on my 72 and my
extra cylinder.  I had a little trouble getting the kits (backordered) and
ended up with one Girling (from Spitbits) and one Beck/Arnley (from VB).  I
used the Girling on the car and the Beck Arnley on the extra.  As I was
doing the car I thought that I had been careless and lost the little rubber
donut that seals the rear wheel reservoir to the cylinder.  I reused the
old one . . . not a safety issue, worst case I would have a leak.

Later I did the extra unit with the Beck Arnley kit.  This kit was missing
the same part!  I complained to VB and they said they would send that part.
 Actually they sent the entire kit.  This time I opened the kit VERY
carefully (with my son as a witness) and again no donut for the rear
reservoir.

Three kits from two manufacturers and the same part is missing.  Anyone
else have this problem?

By the way. . . the Girling kit was a lot easier to use.  The rubber was
more supple and much easier to put on the pistons.  The Beck Arnley was
nearly impossible to get on the pistons.

Sam