Re: TR6 Fumes

To: Steve Connolley <sjc1@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Fumes
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:40:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Steve:

Sounds like my TR6.  Seriously, when I first acquired mine, I was having serious
problems with gasoline fumes eminating from the rear of the car.  No leak in the
tank---but a previous owner had removed the recovery line from the filler neck
that goes to the carbon cannister & recovery tank, leaving the small nipple on
the filler neck wide open.  Installed new (replacement) tubing and problem
solved.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire