Re: Tuff Skin?

To: ebk@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: Tuff Skin?
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

 Hey Cosmo,

 I grabbed my mole skin from my packpack..... It's just the flesh colored
 stuff I got at the local Safeway on my way out of town the last time I
 went packing. It does come in different thickness, so shop around.
 You don't need to do the whole rail. 6" in the middle and an inch or so
 on top will do. I've not noticed any extra effort when rolling up the
 window. It works. No more rattling or cluncks when driving rough roads.
 It is an "LBC" ya know...The windows are supposed to be down.;')

 -jimb

 http://www.tyeetriumph.org

> From: Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
> To: Jim.Barbuscia@West
> Subject: Re: Tuff Skin?
>
> Hi Jim!
> I saw you input on the "List". The Dr. Scholles product that you used, could
> it have been called "Tuff Skin"? Where you able to put it on in one peice?
> My channels are about 18" long x 3/8" wide. Which I figured that I would
> need a strip about 18"x 1 1/8" wide, to fit inside the channel. Does that
> sound right? Before I saw your posting, I was thinkng of using Velvet
> material & wheather stripping as the adhisive. But I was concern about the
> avhisive soaking into the material & loseing the velvet properities. If WE
> are talk about the same material, then your material would have the
> adhisive already on & the "Soft" qualities need, without wouring about the
> amount of "bulk" in the channel thus creating to much friction on the
> window regulator when adjusting the window. PLEASE respond to me as
> quickly as posiable of I'm on a tight time frame deadline. Thank you for
> your time, - cosmo Kramer

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##