TR6 Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: Brian Damkroger <bkdamkr@nmia.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 06:25:14 -0600
I've just gotten a TR6 and have a couple of questions.

1) What's the proper timing advance, at idle, measured with a timing
light?  The manuals I have suggest it's 4 degrees ATDC which seems odd.
I'm used to seeing several degrees BTDC.  Any help?

2) What's a reasonable adjustment for altitude - I'm at 5000 ft.  1
degree of extra advance for every 1000 ft above sea level, or 2?

3) I need to replace the differential mounts.  How hard is it likely to
be to remove the nuts on the mount bolts?  How likely am I to twist one
off and end up having to take the body off?

Thanks,
Brian
73 TR6