Re: TR6 versus 240Z

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 versus 240Z
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 15:40:07 -0500
Cc: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>

    >>  No, it's what the carb TR-8 does (I'm told).  The
    >> Miata is underpowered too.  And far too appliance-like
    >> IMNSHO, although reliable.  -MM

    stu> I have a 6 and an 8, and what you say is true up to a
    stu> point (Lucas electronic ignition/fuel injection
    stu> etc??-reliable). I disagree the Miata is underpowered
    stu> for its weight.It will walk away from a 6, and also
    stu> from an unmodified 8, based on personal driving
    stu> experience.

The Lucas FI is why I mentioned cardb-ed TR-8's.  I've never
driven a stock one, so I can't comment on that.  The non-stock
ones I've driven would easily do a sub-7 second 0-60.  The 99
Miata still only makes 140HP and weighs like 2300lbs.  I can't
believe it does much better than 7.5-8...
                                                        -MM