Re: TR3 figure 8 gaskets etc

To: rsuggitt@bmts.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 figure 8 gaskets etc
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:34:56 -0400
Whew, now that I got my mailbox cleared up from the 700 whacky
TR7/8 list messages I can reply to this.  Robert, if the engine
is new, I mean only has a few hunderd miles on it, re-torque the
head and go on.  This is normal, and is why the owners manual
shows a re-torque after 500 miles when the engine is new.  If the
engine has been together for a while it's time for a new gasket.
I normally take the manifods off to de-clutter the engine compartment
so I don't scratch paint!  It's a bit more of a pain, but it beats
refinishing other components.

Bruce Clough
'62 TR4