Security for ones LBC

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Security for ones LBC
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:39:52 -0700
With the talk on security, and the mention of one lister of a shifter
locking device got me thinking (a potentially dangerous situation!).  What
about a "clutch disabling device?  Something that would screw into the
line, via fittings and would disable the clutch.  With the hydraulic
clutches used in Triumphs this shouldn't be that difficult.  I was thinking
of a solenoid valve or such, mounted down by the slave cylinder.  That way
it would be almost inaccessible for the most part.  then with a simple key
or hidden switch, you could disable the clutch.  Either locked in a
particular gear (high would probably be a good choice, although one could
just pull the lever out of gear) or in neutral if one so desired.  It
wouldn't necessarily prevent a determined thief as one can shift without a
clutch (been there done that) but it would sure deter most - or if it held
well enough, locked in the depressed position (although I don't know what,
if any detrimental effect in the long term that would have on the pressure
plate)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire