TR3a mystery fuse etc.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3a mystery fuse etc.
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 09:37:11 -0400
     I have the instrument panel and wiring harness out of my post-60000
     TR3. I went to clean up the inside of the gauges which generated some
     questions, so would appreciate some (useful) input re the following:

     1. There's an in-line fuse holder that was clipped onto the bottom of
     the dashboard. It appears as though it was supplying panel lighting,
     but the fuse in there is 20 A, and it's blown as though overloaded. I
     can't imagine the need for an additional 20 A. fuse in such a
     location, and suspect a DPO upped it to "fix a problem." Does anyone
     know the proper rating for this fuse, and its purpose in life? I
     didn't see it in the wiring diagram.

     2. My ammeter is Lucas. Would this be a replacement? All others are
     Jaeger.

     3. Where can you get the gasket between the glass on the fuel gauge
     and the chrome bezel? I have a Smiths catalog from XKs Unlimited and
     what I need is not there.

     TIA,
     Jim Wallace