Re: TR3a mystery fuse etc.

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3a mystery fuse etc.
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:03:57 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-25 09:40:55 EDT, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-
om1.om.hp.com writes:

> 1. There's an in-line fuse holder that was clipped onto the bottom of
>       the dashboard. It appears as though it was supplying panel lighting,
>       but the fuse in there is 20 A, and it's blown as though overloaded. I
>       can't imagine the need for an additional 20 A. fuse in such a
>       location, and suspect a DPO upped it to "fix a problem." Does anyone
>       know the proper rating for this fuse, and its purpose in life? I
>       didn't see it in the wiring diagram.

Jim,

According to the wiring diagram I have, there was indeed a fuse in the circuit
for the panel lights.  It also supplies the parking, tail, and license plate
lamps.  Here's the catch though -- my diagram says this fuse was installed
only in cars sent to the USA.  If your diagram is for a non-USA version, it
might not show this fuse.

If this is the fuse you have, 10 amp should be sufficient.

CAVEAT!  I'm only working from a diagram -- reality may be different.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74