Re: BCW adventures

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BCW adventures
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 00:09:29 GMT
Andy writes...

snip...

>The best thing I can say about the whole trip is that I'm psyched again.
>Psyched to work on this car for my friend (I can feel lots of little
>things that really should be tended to on a well-maintained but still
>unrestored 26-year-old car with over 100,000 miles). Psyched to get out
>and get doing things on some of my own cars. And psyched in general about
>the upcoming VTR Convention and any other Triumph/ LBC encounter I can
>attend this summer.
>
>It's wonderful what a few minutes with wind in your hair can do for a
>person's spirits. And there are those unmistakable sounds: a Spitfire door
>closing and latching, with those metallic clunks and glass-rattlings; the
>Lucas M35G starter cranking over the engine;  those distinctive valvetrain
>and exhaust sounds; gearbox and differential whirrs and whines; and the
>fact that, being right there so close to the pavement and the tires, you
>can hear as well as feel exactly what the tires are telling you.
>
>Tonight I dive into the job of replacing the timing cover oil seal and
>gasket, along with the valve cover gasket. Then maybe a bit of tuning,
>lubricating and then prowling around to see what else needs doing and what
>can wait. I'm PSYCHED now.

Oh no!!!  The mild mannered Mr. Mace has gone psychotic on
us.....lookout!!

Seriously Andy...wonderfull post!!

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits

P. S.  Would you care to borrow *my* Spit for a week or two? There's a
couple of details that could use some attention.  Is your dremel tool
still working?  :-)