Re: BCW adventures

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BCW adventures
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:04:25 +0100
     Andy

     Great to hear you're psyched up ('mad for it' as we say over here) coz
     I am too.

     A strange thing happened to me recently that has inspired me to get
     really stuck into my own Spitfire restoration.  I met Rich Jackson
     ("Hi Rich") for a beer or two in the evening and to discuss our trip
     to Le Mans.  He gave me a lift home in his Spit, and it was the first
     time since I drove my own one into the garage about 5 years ago that I
     had been in one with the roof down.  I had such a grin on my face when
     I got in that the wife was suspicious.

     I will now make a public declaration that I will drive my Spit to Le
     Mans next year.  53 weeks to go...watch this space for updates and
     questions.

     Cheers

     Pat