Re: TR4 vs TR4A seat adjusters

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 vs TR4A seat adjusters
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:34:19 -0400
Hi Brad
The early TR4 seat adjusters were like the TR3s...one channel that bolts to
the floor with a another channel that slides on the first and to which the
seat pan bolts in four places ( two on the left channel, and two on the
right channel). The left and right combinations were independent from one
another.

The TR4A seat adjusters were like the TR6 and later Spitfires...two
channels, one inside the other on each side, but joined at the front and
the rear by a cross piece. Usually the seat frame bolted to the front of
this assembly so that the seat could tilt forward. TR4 seats did not tilt
forward but the backs of early TR4 seats tilted forward on the passenger
side only while the base stayed in position on the floor. Later TR4s had
this tilt on the driver's seat as well.

If you need any additional help on this let me know. I have both (a 62 TR4
and a 67 TR4A) and could email a scan of the frame if necessary.

Cheers
Keith