Re: TR6 : Idle problem...

To: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 : Idle problem...
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:23:46 +0000
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Try and see if you can get it to do it with the altinator disconectd
i.e. remove fan belt, if it should then you have discounted the
alinator.  Just don't leave the altinator disconectd.  It could be a
parialy seased altinator.  I suspect the red altinator light comes on
because the altinator is not generating enough to feed it field coils.
i.e. to car running slow.

I would start looking in other areas, make shure you do the standad
things.
Valve clearences, contact inspection, vacume leaks checks, timing
checks.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot