Re[2]: Quick-disconnect bonnet hinge

To: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>, "Mark S. Lepore; MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Quick-disconnect bonnet hinge
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:07:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, blang@mit.edu
wHAT A COINCIDENCE. i BROKE ONE OF THE BOLTS IN THE FENDER TOO. sTILL HAVEN'T
GoT it OUT. i SUPPOSE I'll drill it out.

Jeff

Subject:    Re: Quick-disconnect bonnet hinge
Author: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date:       5/18/98 3:27 PM

Listers,
Before Sirmoog runs off and changes the hinges, when I took my bonnet off
(two people) I managed, through a BFFI (Brute Force and F'ing Ignorance)
move, to break a bolt on each side (twins) holding the hinges to the body.
Duh!, I guess they were some sort of safety thing.
Anyone have advice before he gets started.
Andy
p.s. Jeff I like your idea too.

On 05/18/98 02:56 PM Mark S. Lepore, MD said...