Clutch Slave help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Slave help
From: "tom.w.wagner" <tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:05:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 72 TR6 and just recently replaced the
components of the slave cylinder.  After about
2 months of operation the cylinder itself has pushed
out past the rubber end cap, and the result is loss
of the function of the clutch.

Can someone explain why this would happen and what I need to
do to remedy the problem.

It was rebuilt with new components about 2 months ago, and
while I am at it, if the car is not run will the fluid
cause the rubber components to go bad???

By the way I am using Castrol GTLMA dot 4 fluid.

Thanks for the help.

Tom Wagner
72 TR 6