1975 Spitfire hard starting

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1975 Spitfire hard starting
From: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 01:54:26 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Oh wise ones,
My 75 Spitfire is having fits.  When cold she starts right up.  She doesn't
even need to use the choke.  After running for a few minutes she sputters and
then a few minutes later will run nice again.  But,  if I turn her off after
about 15 minutes she doesn't want to start.  Acts as if the battery is low.
However if I lift the hood (bonnet) and wait about 10 minutes she starts
(usually, sometimes a little longer).  I have replaced the fuel filter twice
because there is sediment in the tank.  (I will be removing it to be cleaned
soon)  I am thinking that this could be due to vapor lock but am not sure as
to how to aleviate the problem.  I am looking to the wisdom of the list for my
answers
TIA
Nikki
1975 Spitfire