Re: 1975 Spitfire hard starting

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 1975 Spitfire hard starting
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 02:04:55 -0400
Cc: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nikki MW1 wrote:

> Oh wise ones,
> My 75 Spitfire is having fits.  When cold she starts right up.  She doesn't
> even need to use the choke.

  That to me would indicate a rich mixture, that really shouldn't
happen, at least not easily.

> then a few minutes later will run nice again.  But,  if I turn her off after
> about 15 minutes she doesn't want to start.  Acts as if the battery is low.

  ok, the battery low thing is very strange.

  Ignoring the battery thing, it sounds like you could be running
horribly rich, from something like a stuck float valve in the
carb. Sediment can cause this as well.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/