RE: Aussie Master Cyl. Kit

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Subject: RE: Aussie Master Cyl. Kit
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:49:30 +1000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 7:31 PM +1000 14/5/98, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK wrote:
>While we're on the subject of Oz, does anyone kow who started the Holden motor
>company, I have been told it was a butcher from Walsall in England, just
>curious, that's all!!!

Holden was started by Henry Holden (father) and Edward Holden (son) in
Adelaide in 1917 to build vehicle bodies.  Edward was born in Adelaide, but
I have no idea where Henry was born.

GM started a company in Melbourne in 1926 building cars using bodies
supplied by Holden.  The two companies merged in 1930 to form General
Motors - Holden.

A lot of spurious information and I stil have not answered your question.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U