Re[2]: Re[2]: TR6 Wheel Bearings

To: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Re[2]: TR6 Wheel Bearings
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:57:50 -0400
You're right about enjoying the TR. I took it in this AM; a bit cool. The ride
home will be nice...and the next few days are looking good too (finally after 2
1/2 weeks of rain).

Question for you and the list. I'm hoping to get to replacing the water valve on
the TR6 this weekend. After I unscrew the old valve and clean the threads, what
do I use on the new valve threads to keep it from leaking? Someone suggested
"pipe dope"? Huh? What is the more correct name for it? Will it hold up to HOT
water?

Thanks,

Jeff