Re: Taking Advantage

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Taking Advantage
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
where i work we manufacture a card for one of our systems that has a
sum manufacturing cost of around 110 dollars, after parts, etching,
labor etc...sum list price to the end user $17,500.00.....which in a
way goes to prove the axiom, it's not the cost of the diamond it's
what it'll get you.......

---Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got it.  The info in it is great.
>
> However:  I also paid $7.00 for shipping and "HANDLING" (?)  for
this and
> three other small parts I ordered.    That is also profitable for
them.  I
> have worked for manufacturing companies for many years.  A typical
markup
> from Factory Cost is about X3.  Factory Cost includes material,
overhead,
> and G&A (general and administrative costs).  A typical markup from
material
> cost alone is about X5. These markups include a fair profit margin
of 10 to
> 15%.   In reasonable quantities that they probably had them printed,
that
> booklet couldn't have cost them more than a buck each.  Therefore,
about $5
> would have been a fair and profitable price.
>
> Incidentally, I bought the book(let) because of a recommendation from
> somebody in this group.  I looked in the catalog, and there it was.
If the
> catalog had said that it had 29 pages for $12.50, I might have had
second
> thoughts.
>
> Sumner Weisman
> 62 TR-3B

> > Subject: Re: Taking Advantage
> > Date: Monday, May 11, 1998 7:40 PM
> >
> > Sumner,
> >
> > Regarding the 12.50 price of "More BS...", what do you think the
cost of
> > processing an order might be: wages, heat, lights, taxes, etc. etc.
> Besides,
> > you cast your vote in the free marketplace by purchasing it. Of
course we
> > all like to get more value, but you must have considered the book
to be
> > equal to the $12.50 you spent or you wouldn't have traded your
greenbacks
> > for it. Bet you get more than $12.50 in information from Bob's B.S.
> >
> > Ed Woods

I'm very
> > >happy with it --  but I think TRF is taking advantage at a price of
> $12.50
> > >for 29 pages.  That's 43 cents a page.
> > >
> > >Sumner

==
larry, 1979 spitfire fm99248u awaiting more bits and pieces...

on the web at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311  _NEW AND
IMPROVED_ FASTER PICCYS

No Plan Ever Survives The First Contact Intact.