TR6 Cooling Problem

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Cooling Problem
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 21:37:58 -0400
Cc: Jeff Slaton <66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net>
        Jeff,

RE:"I have been driving the TR6 lately and noticed that the cooling system
has been acting funny.  The coolant and been foaming out the top from
time to time An I have been wondering what's wrong?  Have I been over
filling it?   If the cap is not sealing correctly would that cause such
a mess?  Could the radiator be stopping up?  The car appears not to be
getting to hot."

        Your thermostat may have failed in the closed position. (Happened
to me once.) This causes the overpressurization and fluid loss you
describe, with no overheat indicated on the gauge in my case.
        Try removing the thermostat and running the car gently (*please*
let's not start that thread again) to see if the symptoms persist. Let the
car warm up gradually before you drive it fast.

        Good luck.

        Tom Marincic