Follow-up help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Follow-up help
From: toad@nlights.net
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:31:00 -0500
Hello!

Ok, with the gracious help of many of you on this list, my 76 Spit is
running again (thanks guys).  The ignition system was cooked from elec.
ignit. module to wires so all, including coil, have been replaced.

First thing that I noticed was that my idle was now set way too high
(about 1300), so I turned it down to roughly 900. Because I was out
there and under the hood, I went ahead and adjusted the valve clearances
(#8 was a little tight, otherwise the others needed no adjustment.)

The car still isn't quite right, though. The idle is rough (she'll idle
at 900 and drop down to almost 500 and back again) and she's back firing
quite a bit (a little when cold, lots when hot).

All that I can figure is that either my timing still isn't right or my
carb. mixture might be weak. Unfortunately, I haven't the expertise to
properly diagnose the situation. Can anyone offer any other advice on
tracking down the problem?

Thanks in advance!
Will

Delivered from Northern Lights BBS, Everett, WA.