Re: Windshield Wiper Motor mouting bushings

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield Wiper Motor mouting bushings
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:18:36 -0400
Cc: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Justin Wagner wrote:

> Has anyone ordered these bushings from one of the big three and actually
> found them to be of the correct size/shape, etc. as original?
>
> --Justin

Justin,

   I realize I may be answering too late, but I did order and install those same
bushings last fall.  I ordered mine from TRF, and the seemed to be an exact
replacement.  They were VERY difficult to install.
  The main problem is the area outside of the hole is much lager in diameter
than
the hole, and this must be passed through the hole on one side.  I recall
soaking
them in near boiling water (don't know if this really helped though), using an
as-
sortment of small screwdrivers and picks, and silicone spray lubricant.  This
is the
only lube you should ever use on plastic or rubber, as it dosen't soak in and
des-
troy them like petroleum based lubes do.
  Just take you time, use the lube, and try to catch one part and work you way
around 'til you're done. Good luck, they are tough little em effers to do.

                                                    JOE IV
                                                    TR 250
                                                WALLINGFORD, CT USA