Re: Appreciation all around

To: Scott Decker <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Appreciation all around
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:43:45 -0400
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Scott,
When telling of my experience with acetone, I neglected to tell you about the
bezels themselves.  When you get the gauges out, you'll find that the bezel is
held in place by three tabs.  Just twist the bezel to align the tabs to
respective holes/slots in the gauge and the bezel comes right off.  There is a
rubber gasket residing in the bezel that I suspect is to provide vibration
dampening between the bezel and the glass lens.  I mention this as you may
find it difficult to twist the bezel and effect its removal.  In my case, at
least one of the gauges had a gasket that was completely "cooked" -- I guess a
PO had a small fire.  In that case, unable to rotate the bezel, I pried the
tabs up to get the bezel off.  After cleaning it all up, etc., I will admit to
not bothering with the replacement of the gaskets.  The bezels fit snugly (in
the absence of the gasket), with no rattle or anything like that.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton