RE: leather vs. wood

To: Mike Passaretti <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: leather vs. wood
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:14:57 -0400
Well, I have a '67 TR4A with an "original aftermarket"(i.e. dealer
installed replacement steering wheel.  It DOES retain the horn button,
looks great.  Unfortunately the horn button barely works.  It was a
pain from the first day.  It sticks when you press it.  Sometimes the
horn will not go on, sometimes it will not go off.  Once it went on at
2:00 AM without any one touching it.  If it is sticking, then it might
vomit
its guts into your lap if you are repeatedly tapping it in order to get it
unstuck.  Fortunately the horn will usually go off when the guts spew.

What I mean to imply is that the horn issue was not well addressed
when the car was new.  Maybe it is just as well to have a wheel
without a horn button.  I am afraid to try to use it when on the road,
so what good is it?  I keep it simply for state inspection.

-Tony