Result of Non LBC Question

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Result of Non LBC Question
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 08:43:45 -0600
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
HI Fred and all the other listers who responded to my quest for info,

Most of the comments about this engine have been on the positive
side and several were not quite so positive.  I would say that if all
were positive something fishy was going on and if all were negative
then definitely don't buy.  Since the majority felt the engine was
acceptable and the fact that I HAD to do something in the near future
I decided to purchase a truck with this engine.  Originally I was
looking at a 4x4 but the extra money for one and the fact that I
don't care for the way they handle steered me towards a 92 F150,
300ci fuel injected, 4x2, shortbed, ps, pb, 5 sp manual, ac, twin
tanks, crappy CD player and and zero rust (must not have been made by
Triumph!!).  I did test it on the interstate and it seemed to have a
plenty of getup and go with power to spare.  Now that I have this LBC
tow vehicle I just might be able to make it to some of the events
later this year.  Many of you will say just drive the LBC.  I would
but there are some places I plan on going where I will need a truck
also.

Anyway, again I just want to thank everyone for their vote of
confidence for the engine in question.  And yes Allen Nugent I will
definitely look out for LBC'ers when I back up!!!!!

> Brad, let the 50 YEARS of manufacture and service tell what it is,
> it seems Larry had a bad experience with his, if there was a problem
> such as described Ford could not have sold these engines for 50
> years as consumers dictate sales not manufacture. just my .02 and 50
> years of proof.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)