Spitfire luggage rack

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire luggage rack
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 07:04:16 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
I'm sure this is a long shot but I kind of fancy the old, original style
rack found on roundtail Spitfires, and was wondering if these were still
available?  These are the ones that mounted to the hinge area and narrows
to around the latch and *appears* to not require any drilling (not sure
about the latch area).  If these are no longer available, does anyone have
an old, unbent (rusty O.K., I know a great chrome shop) one that they keep
hitting their shin/head or other body parts on in the garage/storage area,
and would like to save themselves from this agony??  I would gladly remove
this potential dangerous protrusion and pay you a nominal removal/recycle
fee.  If not, then possibly give me the mounting details around the latch
area, and I'll make one myself.  I know about the bracket under the
latches, but am not sure about mounting around the latch.  I presume it's a
bracket similar to the hinges.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire